Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hello my name is Zareen T. I'm from Blooomfield, New Jersey. I am currently a freshman. I'm an early childhood an education major. I chose this major because i love working with children. I volunteered to work in an elementary school called Watsessing Elementary School in Bloomfield and really enjoyed working with the children. I also did volunteer work at UNC Hospital in North Carolina. I worked as an assitant in the speech pathology department. I got the chance to work with children with speech impediments, autism, down syndrome, and brain injuries. I feel children are the future and I get a sense of satisfaction when i know that i contributed something valuable in a child's life. My career plans are to become an elementary school teacher or a speech pathologists. I do plan to marry but not until i have finished college. I dont see myself traveling the world because of my fear of heights on planes. I live with my mother and younger sister. My parents are divorced and both are still living. One activity that I absolutely enjoy doing with my family is are yearly famlily vacations.
Wikis is so far kind of confusing, but i'm sure I'll get the hang of it. The main thing I learned from the video was the three main components in using wiki which are edit, save and link. One of the funniest things that ever happened to me occurred when i was in the fourth grade. I attented catholic school and we had gym every thursday. I accidetly left all my sneakers at my moms house and had no sneakers to wear for gym being that i was at my dads house. My dad made me put on his size 15 sneaker, when i at the time was only a size 6. The kids in my fourth grade class laughed at me an called me duck feet throughout that whole day. When i was younger I cried because I felt so embarrased, but now that I'm older I just look back an laugh at this incident.

No comments: