Sunday, November 9, 2008

Reaction to the Election

Offcourse as an African American female I am very proud to see that someone of my race has finally made it into the White House. I was happy to hear from my grandmother who is now 61yrs old who called me and said she is happy that she was able to live on the day that an African American became president. The outcome of the election, shows that America as a whole continues to slowly but surely progress. Especially on the topic of equality. From Rosa Parks sitting on the bus when, blacks were not allowed, to Martin Luther King Jr. speaking out on Blacks behalf, to presently in 2008 were our 44th president is African American. My overall reaction to this election is that because of Barack Obama's determination, different races all over America now have a true example of what someone who stands their ground and remains courageous can accomplish.

No comments: